Monday, January 7, 2013

Easy Chicken Wings by Steve


     I love love love chicken wings.  I just do.  I've always thought that chickens were incredibly polite to evolve with little handles for the food they provide us.  Living in Buffalo for over 6 years provided me an appreciation for not just hot food but chicken wings.  Methods of cooking vary, but almost all include deep frying, which imparts a lot of extra fat into the wings.  Taking directly from Alton Brown, I decided to bake them.  Now, this allows for a vast selection of seasonings that you can't use when deep frying, so you can develop a wide variety of wings without having to drown them in sauce to impart flavor.  Baking also allows for crispiness, which I love in wings.  I personally order wings "so crispy I can drive nails with them".  That usually ensures I get them close to crispy enough.  So, all that being said, go get some wings, experiment with flavor profiles, and above all, have fun!

                                 

Baked Chicken Wings

2lb. Chicken Wings, separated or not, doesn't matter

Seasonings of your choice

     Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.  Liberally season the wings with the seasonings of your choice and lay out wings on parchment paper in a single layer.  Bake the wings for 45 minutes.  Remove wings from oven, flip wings over, and bake for an additional hour.  Remove wings from oven, put them in a bowl and toss with sauce if desired.  Enjoy crispy wings!




7 comments:

  1. Damn you! Now I gotta run out and buy chicken wings!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. and me with a husband who doesn't like 'wings.

    Guess I have to eat them all myself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why parchment paper?

    O loves chicken wings but usually does them on the grill. Perhaps I can surprise him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Steve -
    Parchment paper helps to absorb some excess fat that the wings produce as they are baking. Also the wings don't stick to parchment paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about some of your favorite sauce recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually don't often do sauces, but now that I know there's an interest, I'll put some things together at some point and post an update to this. Because you're baking the wings, you can season them pretty heavily so they have a lot of flavor on their own that the sauce would normally impart. I'll see what I can throw together for sauce recipes though. Thanks as always for reading everyone!

    ReplyDelete